https://mobile.nairabet.com/register

Arsenal and Liverpool look a force

Arsenal and Liverpool look a force
Saturday Round up

Friday 13 October 2017

Tottenham Manager Is Furious At Guardiola's Disrespectful Comments



Tottenham and Manchester City aren't exactly direct rivals but Pep Guardiola's comments about Spurs and Harry Kane did sit very well with Mauricio Pochettino and the Argentine has decided to voice his displeasure.

Guardiola referred to Tottenham as the 'Harry Kane Team' prior to the International break and Pochettino saw those comments as 'disrespectful' despite the Man City boss also considering Spurs legitimate title contenders alongside the citizens, Chelsea and Manchester United (no Liverpool ??).

Well Pochettino did not hesitate to make his unhappiness known in a pre-match interview ahead of the clash against Bournemouth.

"It was funny when I heard him the other day because I know Pep very well. When it's exciting after an amazing victory against Chelsea, sometimes (he) can struggle to keep his position and be a gentleman.

Pochettino went on "It didn't affect me but it's very disrespectful for many people and it's difficult to understand because he was part of the big success at Barcelona with Messi at his best. I always said it was Barcelona or Pep Guardiola.

"I think everyone deserves to be recognized as part of the success of the team.But I think many people took those words very disrespectful for the club, and for many players here I think it's a strange situation. Personally I didn't take it in a bad way. It wasn't disrespectful for myself. Only I express my feeling that, for a lot of people, it wasn't necessary to say.

"But I think we need to move on. For me, Harry Kane is one of the best strikers -  it doesn't change anything. And it's important that our position is clear, to be calm and not to be aggressive with our opponents. Our responsibility is massive. But I think it's important to respect every single opinion.

"I think everyone knows how Tottenham is, how Manchester City, how Barcelona, how Argentina is. It is a collective sport. Everyone needs to do his job. Of course sometimes it's difficult, because in the media the temptation is to be focused on some players." Pochettino concluded.

Tottenham who are yet to win at their makeshift home go into the game against AFC Bournemouth placed third, five points behind the leading Manchester clubs.

NBC


0 comments:

Post a Comment